Fall is here which ALWAYS gets me in the mood to start cookin’! I thought I’d try out some of my own Kelle B Jammin’ Seasoning Salts and Rubs and share the tasty results with you. Below are some QUICK and EASY recipes that will definitely get you ready for the cooler months ahead and fill your belly with some spice filled GOOD EATS!
Earthy ‘Shroom Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkins are already coming in from the fields this fall and trying out the old motto “waste not, want not” I tried my hand at roasting the seeds (thanks to the encouragement of a seed needy friend)! I remember my dad used to love roasted pumpkin seeds but I thought they were bland and “yucky!” I’m a huge fan now and these seed are ANYTHING but bland! Kelle B Jammin’s Earthy ‘Shroom Blend to the rescue! Made with real dried mushrooms, thyme and other seasonings & spices. I use it on everything!
- pumpkin or other squash seeds, a mix is tasty too (spaghetti squash, butternut squash, you name it!)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (butter, coconut oil, or any other type of oil would work too)
- Kelle B Jammin’ Earthy ‘Shroom Blend to taste (0r your other favorite seasoning salt)
- Set oven to 300ºF.
- Go through the pumpkin guts and pick out those lovely seeds. Place in a bowl. (Don’t rinse the seeds as the goo tastes great once roasted!)
- Toss seeds in oil until evenly coated.
- Add Kelle B Jammin’ Earthy Shroom Blend seasoning to taste.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- I added more seasoning as soon as I took them out of the oven and tasted them till I felt they were right.
- ENJOY!!! And share with friends!
Sweet & Saucy BBQ Ribs
Kelle B Jammin’s Sweet & Saucy BBQ Rub is a great dry rub for all meats but really shines on beef! Brown sugar, rosemary, pepper and mustard make this salt rub live up to its sweet & saucy name! If possible let meat come to room temperature first, then season it to your tastes. Let the rub sit for 20-30 minutes and grill as usual! I’d call that, grillin’ good eats!
Oven-Dried Rosemary Lemon Tomatoes
This was one of my first salt blends and I often use this as my all purpose seasoning. Kelle B Jammin’s Rosemary Lemon Salt has real lemon zest and fresh rosemary from garden that I dry to make this a great salt for meats, poultry, fish or even veggies! Example, these AMAZING oven-roasted cherry tomatoes!
I found this delicious recipe when I was watching the much beloved, Ina Garten (aka Barefoot Contessa), when she had Neil Patrick Harris and chef, David Burtka on her show. David made these amazing oven-dried tomatoes that made my mouth water! I thought using some of my Kelle B Jammin’s Rosemary Lemon Salt would be a perfect addition and boy are they tasty! They make a great garnish for any savory dish, the perfect little snack, or in a tossed salad. Sad, unused and wrinkled cherry tomatoes are a thing of the past; it’s oven-dried from now on!
1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
olive oil to coat tomatoes
Kelle B Jammin’s Rosemary Lemon Salt or simply salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- Place cut tomatoes in a bowl and drizzle with just enough oil to coat.
- Sprinkle with Kelle B Jammin’s Rosemary Lemon Salt to taste and toss lightly.
- Place on sheet pan in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 3 hours, tossing occasionally.
I hope you enjoy one or all of these quick fix recipes using Kelle B Jammin’ Seasoning Salts & Rubs! I promise, they’ll help you get in the fall mood!